Monday, January 7, 2008

The new way


20080103__DSC0069, originally uploaded by akim_hobo.

50mm@iso100 f7.1 1/200s

Having endured taking a picture the old way I decided to try a better method. Purchased a cheap radio triggered shutter release from ebay (Gadget Infinity)


20080102_IMG_3789


All in all, they do what they're supposed to do. Unfortunately, though I also own the radio flash triggers and it seems like they don't like to work together. To get this image I had to set the camera on self-timer and wait patiently for 2 seconds before the shutter and flashes would fire. The price you pay for cheapness I suppose. A better system like the Pocket Wizards would cost you $300 instead of $80-90 but would do the job right. I don't plan on taking too many self-portraits so for now I'm happy.


EDIT: They do infact work together. I contacted Gadget Infinity and they instructed me that one needs to press the shutter release very briefly so as to not create any interference with the cactus v2s triggers. This seems to work, although I imagine it will take some practice to become consistent

1 comment:

Stina said...

I like the first picture better. =D