Monday, January 11, 2010

Toronto

Missed Christmas in Toronto this year, but had the chance to at least spend New Years there.



Starving Artist. I had eggs benedict with waffles on the bottom. Pretty good!




Poutine's. I liked their simple and homey interior.



The Verdict? It was a different kind of poutine than I've ever had before. Smokey fries, and peppery gravy. The cheese though was perfect. I think my favorite plate of poutine fries is still at the cafe on top of Mont Tremblant in Quebec. Could have something to do with being starving after skiing though. There, the gravy is lighter in color and much saltier, with the fries being the more generic, but crispy fast food fries.



Expect to wait, but Guu is pretty fantastic.



Sadly, no food pics, because it was too dark, but it was probably my best meal in Toronto.



A really great mushroom soup at Ravi's Soups. What kicked this up to awesome was the truffle oil, crispy shallots and the cheese biscuit.

No comments: