Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 8: evening

Funny thing about that day was that it got brighter towards sunset as the clouds that had rained on the island previous to arrival moved on. I took it as a good sign.


20100423-_4231356
The "walk" man has a fancy hat and a suit. Love it.


20100423-_DSC0974
Sunset. Such a nice quality of light.



20100423-_4231365
What better way to end the day. I ended up hungry for food while Christina lay passed out from exhaustion. I went searching and found this izakaya place. I was the only person there for most of my meal and nobody spoke english, so I ordered in Japanese from memory of my favourite dishes: Butta Kakuni, teba saki, agedashi tofu, yaki nasu, grilled saba, etc. They then just told me what they didn't have.

1 comment:

photohogger said...

That beer looks good. I say that even as I recover from food poisoning.