Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 13: Umbrellas

Ok, I screwed up the date on the last post, and I had pics from two different days, so I'm setting it straight with umbrellas. It was my sincere wish that it pour when I was in Tokyo. I've forever been a fan of Japanese woodblock prints, in particular Hiroshige, bonus points if you know what print I'm talking about. Anyways, as it turns out, I only got Hiroshima, which for what I envisioned, didn't quite have the population density I wanted for a capture. Also, dreaming about umbrella pics is much more pleasant than actually taking pictures in the pouring rain. Maybe it was a good thing it didn't rain again in Tokyo.


4/27/2010
I wish there were twice the people.



4/27/2010
Seems like the lady sized clear plastic umbrellas were popular. Yes, I bought one.



4/27/2010
This one was unique.



4/27/2010
It only takes a glance to make you feel like you're being creepy.

5 comments:

HOGGER + Co. said...

LOOOOOVE that last pink one complete with wtf-look! Awesome umbrella shots!

I wanna say this Hiroshige....
http://faculty.evansville.edu/rl29/art105/img/hiroshige_ohashi.jpg

HOGGER + Co. said...

Also, you did know you were in front of a lingerie store shooting that last one, right?

hobo said...

You win!

And no, I didn't. 10 pts for extra creep

HOGGER + Co. said...

What do I win??!?!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA that lady's scowl is awesome!