Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 7: Shopping and Ramen

Fukuoka, aside from being a convenient stepping stone from Shanghai is known for it's Hakata style ramen. We asked around and apparently the easiest thing to do is to go to the mall and dine at Ramen Stadium. Which essentially is an entire floor dedicated to ramen in various styles. I think what we ate was authentic Hakata, but really, I have no way of knowing. It was very tasty though.


20100422-_DSC0651
At the mall. I believe this was the first flowered pant that we saw. I'm not sure what is the motivation for this popular style in Japan, but I think it's not attractive at all. Pink works on the bike though.



20100422-_DSC0675
Ah Ha!



20100422-_DSC0756
It's dark out now.



20100422-_DSC0761
We walked towards a bright light after exiting the Mall and passed by this car. The "bright lights" ended up being the entertainment district. We were entertained.

1 comment:

photohogger said...

Flowered pants? They were all over the place in Paris! I think I have pjs that look like that.

Love that last one. So good.