Tuesday, March 31, 2009

mopeds

No entry on Vietnam would be complete without an ode to the moped. We only saw two accidents, both of them minor. The crazies that ride these things are the bravest people on the planet. Second only to the pedestrians when they try and cross the street.

First prize goes to this guy HOLDING ONTO the refrigerator he just put on his moped.




A lot of the walls in Vietnam are blistered with this stenciled numbers. I have no idea what they mean, but they look cool in a picture.





A store selling helmets. Luckily, everyone seems to wear one here.




Just liked they way these were stacked next to each other, just like the architecture behind it.




I never could quite capture the insanity of how densely packed these suckers get. I think I would need an aerial shot. Here was an attempt.




I snapped this one during an insane rickshaw drive through the city. Definitely a fun ride.




I leave Vietnam tomorrow. I ended up taking over 2000 pics here alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhhhhhhh!!!! Love the pics!!! That stenciled wall one is mine. Want.