Thursday, April 2, 2009

People

I'm about to leave Singapore now. For such a modern city, it's suprisingly hard to find cheap internet. This one cost me $7.80 to buy tea. It seems like the poorer the country, the more available free internet there is. Strange.

Anyways, not much has been done here due to the CRIPPLING HEAT. This place is HOT and HUMID. It's pretty ridiculous. At night and in the mornings, it's quite nice though. Definitely one of the most impressive cities I've ever visited. I could probably live here for awhile. Here are some random Vietnam pics:


Fits four




EARLY morning smoke



Selling at the market



We rode past some REMOTE villages on our cycle tour. These kids were pretty fascinated with us. Didn't know what to do or say, so they just sat on the ground.



This village was less remote and the naked kid ran out from his hut to meet us. The Mother quickly followed.



We biked up a dirt path into a green tea field where workers were picking leaves. I tasted a couple at their insistence. It tasted like strong tea.



Stopped for a lunch break from riding. I think I'm in two of my 3000 pictures. All courtesy of mirrors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Love the tea photo and self-portrait.