Thursday, April 16, 2009

day 1 ends

I eventually meet up with Harry, get some Hong Kong style iced milk tea (dong lai cha), some curried fish balls and then hop on a bus to go to the harbourfront area: Tsim Sha Tsui to meet up with Aaron for some dinner.


20090318-_DSC0706
Took this while waiting for the bus. I already had an obsession for neon signs before HK, but I think it got a little worse. Looking through my pictures, I have a lot of random ones with just the sign. Nothing else. This was one of the better ones.


20090318-_DSC0707
We make it to TST for sunset. It is super foggy the whole time I'm in HK, Vietnam too. It makes for an interesting sunset.

We ended up eating at a sub-par seafood restaurant in a trendy area. Probably the only bad meal I had in HK.

3 comments:

c.lau said...

dong lai cha and curry fish balls...oh my mouth is drooling.. more photos please...

Anonymous said...

Neon, eh? How about the red light district? Haha!

Carol said...

oooooo.. that's a lot for day 1... seriously... and a beautiful day 1!!! too bad i wasn't with you.

nice photos! please keep the days going! i'm watching and reading!!!