Saturday, April 11, 2009

Starting all over

So now that I am back I can do proper posts with images that I've actually colour corrected.

Day one

20090317-_DSC0552
Airports to me constitute the first impression of a country. It's that moment when you meet a person for the first time and they either look you in the eye and shake your hand firmly, or you get a passing glance with a rubbery grip. Hong Kong has a nice airport. It is convenient, well laid out and clean. Furthermore, like any proper airport to a major city, there is a train that will take you into the city. Definitely a good first impression.


20090317-_DSC0576
I was expecting crazy architecture and neon lights. I've seen the pictures. But standing infront of something like this building and staring (like a tourist) is the only real way to appreciate how this city has come to terms with its architecture and its advertising.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st: TRAINS into the CITY from the AIRPORT? Man...must be nice.

2nd: MY EYES!! MY EYES!!

I kid.

About the 2nd.

hobo said...

I love billboards and signage like this :)

Carol said...

thanks for pointing these out. i never liked them.