Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 3 cont'd

So I forgot to mention that in the morning (and really the whole point in coming to the Hong Kong side) we ate at this breakfast place known for their (insert Chinese name here). Basically it's a deep fried bread stick thingy surrounded by shredded pork and encased neatly into a plastic wrapped sticky rice torpedo. DELICIOUS. You're supposed to have it with soybean milk but I had just drank a whole bottle during my morning excursion so I passed. We also went on an egg tart hunt in the city. Carol took us to a place known for their egg tarts. It was really good :) I still think that Golden Gate Bakery in San Fran is the best I've ever had though. On this day I had 3 egg tarts at 3 different places. *High five*

Anyways, on to the pictures. I mentioned before that the escalator was never ending...well here is the proof. All these pics were taken from the escalator.

20090319-_DSC0922
I loved how condensed everthing was in this picture, with a pocket of sunlight hitting the street in the middle.


20090319-_DSC0921
Love the colour of the taxis in Asia. Strange how they seem to be the same colour in HK as they are in Japan.


20090319-_DSC0935
I think we had already passed Soho at this point on the climb.


20090319-_DSC0926
More taxis. They seem to be queuing up where ever we went in this area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly like NYC. Except. Not.